This is my vegan version of the traditional empanada dough. Empanadas are ideal for picnics as they can be eaten using just your hands. Skip to the recipe.
Some flavor can be added to this dough using olive oil instead of sunflower oil or a flavored oil. Our favorites are garlic, thyme or paprika. The flavor you add depends on the filling you choose for the empanadas.
I hope you try this empanadas dough with your favorite filling. Let me know in the comments!
Vegan Empanadas Dough
- 6.8 fl oz of vegetable oil (e.g. sunflower oil)
- 6.8 fl oz of warm water (might need more)
- 2.2 lb of plain flour
- 2 teaspoons of pink himalayan salt
- If you don’t have a round cutter you can use a bowl that has approximately 6 inches.
- You can use flavored oil to add some flavor to the dough.
To stay up to date with new recipes and ideas, please subscribe by e-mail or use our RSS feed
Follow us on our social channels: