This is a great way to use the green leaves of carrots, also known as carrot greens or carrot top. The resulting pesto has an amazing taste an it is fabulous with pasta. Skip to the recipe.
The first time I tried this recipe I was amazed by the taste. I instantly regretted having thrown carrot green leaves in the past and I am sure you will regret it too if you ever did.
This pesto goes great with our pumpkin gnocchi. Check the recipe here.
Try this recipe and let me know what you think in the comments!
Vegan Carrot Greens Pesto
- 1 oz of carrot green leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 oz of walnuts or pine nuts
- 2 oz of your favorite Rawmesan
- 1/2 cup of olive oil (divided in two)
- Pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- If not using right away you can store it in an air-tight container in the fridge for a week.
- Notice that a good olive oil will become solid in the fridge. Just bring to room temperature before serving the pesto. It will recover the original consistency.
To stay up to date with new recipes and ideas, please subscribe by e-mail or use our RSS feed
Follow us on our social channels: