This is our vegan version of the classic Bechamel sauce.
Vegan Bechamel Sauce
serves: 14 oz
cook: 5 min5′
prep.: 1 min1′
total: 6 min6′
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 5 tablespoons of flour (plain flour, chickpea flour, oats flour)
- Black pepper
- Spices (nutmeg)
- 1 1/4 cup of water
Step 1 In a pot put the oil and the flour and stir until they mix and form some sort of dough.
Step 2 Cook during 2 minutes over high heat, stirring all the time.
Step 3 Add the water and continue stirring. Season as you like. If there are lumps, remove from heat and mix vigorously until they disappear.
Step 4 Cook until it thickens. It is ready once you scratch the base of the pot and it takes a couple of seconds to get together.
- I try to use spices or herbs that best match the recipe.
- This recipe is not gluten-free if you use plain flour or oats flour.
- This recipe can be gluten-free if you choose a gluten-free flour like chickpea flour.
Rate this recipe:
To stay up to date with new recipes and ideas, please subscribe by e-mail or use our RSS feed
Follow us on our social channels: