I love pampering myself and treating myself to a home facial is one of the easiest way to do it, especially when things get crazy. I usually exfoliate my skin and the use a bentonite clay mask.
This exfoliator is made with dried orange peel and smells heavenly. When I’m not candying them (see here) I let them air dry for a day or two and then ground them really fine with a coffee grinder or food processor. It is a good exfoliator but it’s not as hard as baking soda that leaves my skin red. You could also add a little bit of the powdered orange peel to your mask for an extra of vitamin C.
One quarter of peel is enough for two uses , so I’ll say that the peel of a whole orange should be enough for 8 uses. You could put it in a nice jar and give away to friends during the holidays!
- The dried peel of an orange
- Let the orange peel air dry for one day or two.
- When is dry and hard. Ground in a food processor until it is like a powder.
- Transfer to a jar and store until use.
- To use: Mix half a teaspoon of powder with some water and scrub your face. Then rinse and proceed with your routine as usual.
To stay up to date with new recipes and ideas, please subscribe by e-mail or use our RSS feed
Follow us on our social channels: